Thursday 7 May 2015

Paths


 
At last, the path that leads to Milverton is dry! 
 
 
 

 
I can see Guy's Cliffe house in the distance
 
 
 

 
zooming in
 
 


On my right, the path that leads to St James' church
 
 
 

 
 
but I continue straight ahead as I want to get to Saxon Mill
 
 

 

over the bridge, Saxon Mill at the end of it



 
standing on the bridge, 
 
 


the reflections in the water are mesmerising



 
on my left, the weir,
 

 

 
and the ruined house which is very near me now,  just across from the river
 

 
 

 
I leave the bridge and get a better view of the weir
 

 
 

 
it's early morning and the restaurant is still closed
 
 

 

 
lush vegetation almost hides the ruins
 
 

 


I retrace my steps but take a different path that will take me to




 
St James' Church in Milverton
 
 
 

 
a circular walk, and I'm on yet another path, on my way back home.
 
 


 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's near and it's very pleasant - what else could anyone want?

      Delete